Monday, September 15, 2014

Spare parts organization

Hello everyone
Ever buy a figure and just buy a bunch more?? I'm sure you have. But what's one issue you've encountered with building your collection?
Space can be the biggest pain=shelving.
SPARE PARTS. < Biggest issue I have and am sure plenty of you do.

Companies such as Figma, Bandai, Revoltech, Medicom, and plenty more when making articulated figures and even scaled figures/unscaled we face the spare parts "game". These figures cost us quite a pretty penny and we would like to preserve them as much as possible and their parts. So what I usually do to keep them organized accordingly: Craft/Bead storage boxes.
This little thing has helped me consistently keep track of my parts. Instead of leaving them in the box I place them into one of these. A lot of people prefer not to get their parts mixed up but I also prefer not to have my parts sitting in a box where I can't access them easily. If you do figure photography of any sort, this will be your best friend! A lot easier than going back and forth to a figure box, opening, pulling out the carton, and popping out the pieces. This is a great: grab it and go. 
(Because apparently I consider my parts lunch?)

Here's my little set up:

\
In case some of you didn't know: Asuna Yuuki of SAO is my waifu, my pride and joy, so she has one small box dedicated to her:

Then for the rest of my collection:

All placed accordingly. Lots of Attack on Titan as you can see. 
The rest of my figures are either scaled or prize figures with no spare parts. 


This has helped me and will continue to help me as my collection expands. These storage boxes can be found at: Walmart, Craft stores such as Michael's or Joann's, Target, Home Depot's and many more for a about $6-8 bucks. So help yourself. 

Thanks for reading toy friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment