Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hunting your grails:

Everyone has a favorite character from an anime. I've got quite a few.


I'll run a list (You'll see where this is going and how it pertains to the topic title, self explanatory.)


  1. Minako Aino (Sailor Venus.)
  2. Winry Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist.)
  3. Misato Katsuragi (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
  4. Asuna Yuuki (Sword Art Online.)
  5. Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
  6. Saki Morimi (Eden of The East.)
  7. Aomine Daiki (Kuroko No Basuke.)
  8. Hanamiya Makoto (Kuroko No Basuke.)
  9. Onoda Sakamichi (Yowamushi Pedal.)
  10. Morgiana (MAGI)
  11. Levi (Shingeki No Kyojin)
  12. Syaoran Li (Cardcaptor Sakura/Tsubasa Chronicles)
  13. Rin Matsuoka (Free!)
  14. Quatre Raberba Winner(Gundam Wing)
  15. Tsugumi Sendo (Guilty Crown)
  16. Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Now to give you an insight as to why I made a list.

I'm currently hunting some of my holy grail items on YJA. And it stumps me that my holy grails are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find or don't even exist. Ever just fallen in love with something that's nonexistent ? I've been hunting for Roy Mustang's Real Action Hero for quite some time now. No matter how hard I hunt, I'm never close to finding it. Sure, there's plenty of over Roy figures, but I don't give a shit, I want his RAH. He is one of my FAVORITE characters in the series and I want a HIGH quality figure. Is that too much to ask? I've started to notice half the characters I adore have close to nothing when it comes to figures (excluding a couple: Asuna, Levi, Aomine.) Another perfect example is: Syaoran Li. I've been madly in love with Syaoran since I was a little girl watching Toonami. As big of a show as CCS was, why didn't we get more Syao? He was a major character. ALL but two of these characters were MAJOR supporting characters. What is going on? Why are we doomed to only purchase the protagonist's figure? A supporting character can make quite a big impact in the series as well. But it all comes down to budgeting , if the company doesn't have the budget, nothing will be produced. It's sad. So many amazing characters that could have their own glorious PVC representation. Guess we're just stuck never knowing, or just wishing. So i'll continue to hunt, hunt like a maniac for some of these characters figures. I'll also continue to wish, wish that someday, some will get recognition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment